Anatomy Of Clothing Free Download : In this class, we will deconstruct the materials, from their tensile strength and geometric construction to their surface properties or how they absorb and reflect light.
We will work with the armature from the analytical figure drawing class and work on draw through as learned in dynamic sketching class, organizing the clothing into simple easy to use forms using the draw through approach.
Other concepts we will cover include the laws of folds, the 7 different types of folds and how they happen, how movement affects the geometry of the drapery, tension points, abstractions and rhythms, rendering and much more. Be prepared to do a lot of construction and rendering.
- Week 1 | Architecture of Drapery
- Week 2 | Seven Folds, Part 1: Looking for the Wire Frame
- Week 3 | Seven Folds, Part 2: Rendering the Wire Frame
- Week 4 | Materials, Part 1: Cotton, Velvet, & Silk
- Week 5 | Materials, Part 2: Leather, Lace, Nylons, Gortex, Synthetic, & Hardened Materials
- Week 6 | Draping the Female Form
- Week 7 | Draping the Male Form
- Week 8 | Layering/Complex Surfaces
Watch the Introduction Video :
Direct download links 2 GB :