Japanese Animation Style With Substance Painter : Substance Painter has a repute as a device for photorealistic PBR texturing – and that is correct!
But Substance Painter may also be used for a variety of different makes use of – consider it as a texturing toolbox with what it is advisable create any fashion.
In this tutorial, we’ll be utilizing Substance Painter to create a standard Japanese animation fashion.
The concept is to match with the standard Japanese animation fashion. For this kind of artwork the artists tried to match realism as a lot as doable with conventional portray methods.
This mission is an experiment to see what we are able to create with none pre-established workflows. I actually wish to present you what I’ve found via this expertise.
We will see what may be completed with the default Substance Painter bundle or the sources out there on Substance Share and what I’ve to create with Substance Designer.
- Reproduce the graphic 2D reference with 3D methods;
- Keep the PBR Metal/Roughness shader and workflow, as a result of this pipeline is appropriate with all present rendering engine;
- Use UVs break up by UDIM tiles in an effort to be in sync with the usual animation trade workflow;
- Use the Instancing function to simply handle a number of texture units;
- Create an Anchor level setup to avoid wasting time and enhance creativity.
Direct obtain hyperlinks 1.7 GB :