Be taught the REST API Ideas, Design greatest practices, Safety practices, Swagger 2.0/OAI, Arms on API Administration
What you’ll be taught
- Design and Develop RESTful API by making use of the perfect practices & REST constraints
- Create practices for API safety, versioning, lifecycle administration, documentation and different necessary points
- Write specs in Swagger2.0/OAI specs in YAML format
- Create an API administration technique to your enterprise
- Leverage a few of the frequent API administration platforms for constructing API proxies (APIGEE, IBM API Join, Mulesoft Anypoint)
- Anybody fashionable programming language equivalent to Java or Node JS or Go or PHP
- Familiarity with net software structure
- Concept on XML or JSON codecs
- Understanding of the idea of service
- This COURSE will NOT train coding of REST API from scratch. Please do NOT enroll if that’s your goal/Aim.
- Please verify the audio of preview lectures earlier than buying as some college students have complained about low quantity (repair is in works)
- Some college students have complained about Low Quantity up to now – please take a preview earlier than enrolling
At present Enterprises are utilizing REST APIs for not simply constructing cellular functions but in addition for:
- Creating new channels for partnership
- Constructing new income streams & enterprise fashions
- Selling their manufacturers
Simply creating the API doesn’t assure that the enterprise will be capable of obtain the specified objectives from API perspective. Adoption of API by builders rely on a number of points equivalent to its utility, ease of use, efficiency, scalability, safety. The API supplier should apply greatest practices all through the lifecycle of an API.
This course covers all of the necessary points associated to design, growth and administration of API. One of the best practices, challenges, recommendations & choices mentioned on this course are both:
- Created by analyzing how the favored API suppliers equivalent to Fb, Twitter, Capital One and so on are constructing and managing their API
- Taken from private experiences of the creator
This course is suited to any technologist keen on studying REST API from finish to finish perspective not simply from the coding perspective. Although this course makes use of NodeJS for demonstrating the design greatest practices, it doesn’t require college students to have any prior expertise wth NodeJS.
To take this course the scholar is anticipated to know anyone (or extra) programming language; have understanding of net software structure; to be acquainted with the idea of providers ; understands the info codecs equivalent to JSON or XML
Please be aware that this course will NOT train the best way to code REST API in NodeJS.
Course is split into 6 sections:
1. Setting the stage
Lectures on this part will present the define of the course, talk about a case examine (ACME Journey) that shall be used for example by the course, present an inventory of instruments used within the course.
2. REST API Ideas
Lectures on this part will cowl the foundational ideas such because the evolution of RESTful API and the 6 architectural constraints.
3. Designing the REST API
Focus on this part is on greatest practices for designing the REST API. The strategy taken on this part is to point out how a few of the in style API suppliers (E.g., Twitter, Fb, Twilio …) have designed their REST API. A number of the RESTful design side lined on this part are:
- Sources, CRUD implementation
- Error Dealing with, HTTP standing codes
- Change administration & Versioning
- Pagination, Partial responses
To exhibit the implementation points, a set of NodeJS primarily based API can be applied for a fictitious enterprise ACME Travels.
4. Securing the REST API
Generally used BasicAuth commonplace is just not one of the best ways to implement API safety. On this part scholar will be taught the generally adopted Authentication and Authorization schemes used for REST API
- Tokens (Jason Net Tokens or JWT)
- OAuth 2.0 (Utilizing Spotify implementation as a reference)
When an API is uncovered by an enterprise to the general public web, it poses a threat to the enterprise as hackers might use the vulnerabilities within the API to launch assaults towards the enterprise. There are a number of sorts of such Useful assaults that the API supplier should contemplate. You’ll be taught in regards to the frequent assaults and the perfect practices for safeguarding the API.
5. Swagger 2.0 / Open API Initiative specs
This part will start with the outline of Collaborative specs growth course of & advantages of adopting contract first strategy. College students will be taught
- Swagger 2.Zero specification commonplace
- Easy methods to create REST API specs in YAML format
- Instruments choices for Swagger specs enhancing
- Advantages of Swagger 2.0
- Demonstration of how specs are leveraged by frequent platforms equivalent to Apigee, Mulesoft & IBM API Join
As a part of the lectures, a whole specification shall be created for ACME Holidays. On the finish of this part scholar will be capable of write Swagger/OAI specs for their very own API.
6. API Administration
API administration is the method of publishing, documenting and overseeing software programming interfaces (APIs) in a safe, scalable atmosphere. Lectures on this part cowl the small print of the next actions that an API supplier perform throughout the scope of API administration.
- Lifecycle administration
- Developer productiveness
- Developer portal
- Site visitors administration
- Monetization (API Financial system)
APIgee, IBM API Join & Mulesoft platforms shall be used for demonstrating the assorted API administration points mentioned within the lectures. College students are inspired to check out these platforms on their very own to get an excellent really feel of what API administration platforms convey to desk. The three platforms provide a free trial model that can be utilized for testing.Who this course is for:
- Technologists keen on studying the place, when and the way RESTful providers ought to be utilized in software
- Builders of net, cellular, IoT functions seeking to construct RESTful providers on the backend
- Answer architects keen on studying how they’ll leverage “API Administration Platforms” equivalent to Apigee/Mulesoft/IBM API Join
- IT Leads aspiring to grow to be architects
- This course will NOT train the scholar the best way to code Node JS. Use of NodeJS is to exhibit the implementation of ideas mentioned within the lectures.
- This course is NOT for college kids seeking to be taught simply the coding of REST API
Created by Rajeev Sakhuja
Size: 739.39 MBDownload